Founded September 19, 2006 – Eden Prairie’s first Lake Association
The Mitchell Lake Association (MLA) is an association of concerned citizens dedicated to improving the water quality of Mitchell Lake in Eden Prairie. It is a nonprofit organization incorporated under the laws of the state of Minnesota. Click here for Mitchell Lake Association Bylaws.
The purpose of the Association is:
- To maintain, protect, and improve the water quality, aesthetic values, wildlife habitat, and recreational capacity of Mitchell Lake;
- To educate shoreline owners and the public about the condition and protection of Mitchell Lake; and
- To provide a framework for representation for work with federal, state, and local agencies for improving the quality of Mitchell Lake.
What do we do?
- Educate and inform members about lake issues such as quality, conservation, and development via newsletters, annual meetings, and association website
- Participate as citizen advisers at Riley Purgatory Bluff Creek Watershed District (RPBDWD) meetings to advocate Mitchell Lake water quality improvement projects.
- Initiate and advocate projects to improve Mitchell Lake water, ie. Shoreland Restoration.
- Member volunteers test and monitor our water for clarity and purity.
- Host annual meetings and lakeshore cleanup/social. All member and guest are welcome. These events are a great way to meet neighbors on the lake and keep informed about lakes issue that affects us all.
- Keep the community informed on important lake updates via Mitchell Lake website, Annual Newsletters and Facebook.
MLA Board Members
Mitchell Lake Association Board – 2022
- Term expiration date in parenthesis
Dave Jackett, President (2024)
Travis Yohn, Vice President (2023)
Michelle Rothwell, Treasurer (2024)
Cheri Nehl, Secretary (2022)
Zach Fetzer (2022)
Eric Hansen (2024)
Brian Haugen (2024)
John Tyler (2024)
Maria Verven (2023)